Picture yourself wrapped in a colorful blanket leaning up against a cactus. (Wait! On second thought, the cactus part is not the best idea.) The tumbleweed is rolling by. And you are wondering what you can rustle up for dinner by the campfire (or grill). Feeling like Southwestern fare yet?
If so, try our Steak Fajitas Dinner courtesy of my sister, Kathie. And serve in warm torillas with the garnish or two of your choice: cheese, sour cream, onions, peppers, salsa, etc.
1. What fun activity do you dream about doing?
2. What talent do you dream about having?
3. What person do you dream about marrying?
- 2 – 3 lbs skirt steak
- 1/3 cup olive or vegetable oil
- 2 to 3 limes, juiced
- 3 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 Tablespoon Sugar
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 3 cloves chopped garlic
- Put all ingredients in a plastic bag, seal the bag and give it a good shake. Cut flank steaks in half and place them in the bag, seal it removing all the air, and knead the bag to distribute the marinade over all the meat. Refrigerate for 2 hours turning and kneading the bag every half hour. Grill until the center of the steak is cooked to your liking.
- Cut the meat against the grain. Wrap it up in a tortilla and garnish with cheese, sour cream, onions, peppers, salsa, etc.