Spaghetti and meatballs. Are you visualizing a little Italian restaurant with red and white checkered tablecloths? A flickering candle in an old bottle with colored wax dripping down the side? Or do you picture Lady and The Tramp?
Either way, we have a fabulous Meatballs with Tomato Sauce recipe for you. The twist: Cheese in the meatballs. And for those chefs in need of a little extra flair, use our Spaghetti Squash recipe to accompany the Meatballs with Tomato Sauce. Delizioso!
1. What was the most fun time we ever had together as a family?
2. What makes you laugh and why?
3. Which would you rather play and why? A sport, a game or music?
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 12 medium tomatoes (6 plum, 6 vine-ripe) chopped
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 1/4 cup shredded Pecorino Romano cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded basil leaves
- Place garlic and olive oil in a large sauce pan over medium heat. Cook until garlic begins to sizzle and is fragrant. Add tomatoes and salt. Simmer sauce for 10 minutes.
- Place beef, tomato paste, 1 cup cheese, seasoning, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Using your hands, massage the meat until ingredients are incorporated. Form meat into golf-size balls and place on a large baking sheet. When all of the meatballs have been formed, place the meatballs into the simmering sauce. Cook for about 10 minutes, until meatballs are cooked through. Top with basil and remaining cheese. Serve immediately.
- 2 spaghetti squash
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Cut the spaghetti squash in half lengthwise. Scoop out the seeds in each of the halves of the squash and rub with olive oil. Season each half with salt and pepper. Place Spaghetti Squash face down on a large baking sheet lined with foil. Bake for 35-40 minutes and let cool for 10 minutes. Use a fork to shred the spaghetti squash.
- Place Meatballs and Marinara on top of each ½ of squash. Top with grated Parmesan cheese and basil.