LIGHT ‘EM UP ’12
The joy of it makes you want to just do something for others.
REALLY DO SOMETHING.
You just want to see the joy you feel, radiate on their face.
YOU WANT TO LIGHT ‘EM UP.
Well now you can.
YOU CAN REALLY DO SOMETHING FOR OTHERS
and you can do it
WITH YOUR CHILDREN!
This is so easy and I truly don’t know who gets more joy out of it–the recipient (think garbage man, mail man, bag-boy, teacher, etc.) or your child when they see the joy on the garbage man’s face or YOU when you see the joy on your child’s face as they observe the joy on the recipient’s face.
It is almost too–too–too exactly what Christmas is meant to be–the celebration of giving in honor of the giver of the greatest gift–Christ!
One of my FAVORITE blogger friends–Courtney DeFeo started the LIGHT ‘EM UP campaign last year and it was a big hit with moms because it is so easy and rewarding. This year we and other moms are partnering with Courtney to see if we can light up communities all over the country.
We cordially invite YOU to join us
in a celebration of JOYFUL giving in your community.
Yes? No? Please??? You can do it and so can your kids. It is simple!
Here are 5 steps and 3 printables to help you to start lighting others up with joy….
STEP 1 – PRINT THE LIGHT ‘EM UP PLANNER
- Fill in the names of people you would like to light up.
- Do as many or as few as you think you can handle with joy.
STEP 2 – READ OVER THE 100 WAYS LIST TO LIGHT ‘EM UP
- Choose the same or different ways you would like to surprise people with joy.
- Fill in what type of surprise you will use by each name on the planning list.
STEP 3 – FIND A DATE TO MAKE AND DELIVER YOUR SURPRISE
- You can make all your items at once or batch them.
- Commit to a day and fill it in on the planning list by each name.
STEP 4 – MAKE YOUR SURPRISES
- Buy your supplies
- Print and fill out LIGHT ‘EM UP tags
- Put tags on surprises
STEP 5 – GO LIGHT UP YOUR COMMUNITY!
- Deliver your surprises.
- Take pictures upload them to either
- Then share them with your friends and family on Facebook and inspire them to light up their community.
- If you post pictures to Instagram or Twitter use #lightemup12
That’s it. It is that easy, but so effective. Look at these pictures below that were taken last year or for more ideas go here!
DO YOU SEE IT?
Joy. Surprise. Gratitude. Connection. Warmth. Light. Radiating Joy.
IT’S SO CHRISTMAS!
I am so excited I just want to squeeze you right now with some joy until you are all lit up!
|Author: Susan Merrill Posted: November 11, 2012 Be Encouraged||16 Comments|