Feel like you have run out of ideas when it comes to making chicken for dinner? Say cheese! My sister Kathie has provided another simple, yet delicious dinner that the whole family should love: Garlic Cheddar Chicken Dinner. Toss a salad with some Italian dressing and slice up a fresh, warm loaf of Italian bread covered in garlic butter…and you are in Little Italy!
Conversation Starters: When I was a kid…
1. How old were you when you got your first cell phone?
2. How did you and your husband meet? How did he ask you to marry him?
3. What nicknames have you had and why do you have them?
- 6 Tablespoons of butter
- 5 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3/4 cup Panko crumbs plus extra for cookie sheet
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6-8 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Pound chicken breasts thin - 1/2" or so.
- Cover a cookie sheet with tinfoil. Spread a small amount of the extra Panko crumbs on the tinfoil (this will prevent the chicken breasts from getting too soggy).
- Place butter and chopped garlic in a shallow, microwavable dish (a glass pie plate works well). Cover and cook for 2 minutes.
- In another shallow dish mix the Panko, Parmesan, Cheddar, Italian Seasoning and pepper.
- Dip each chicken breast in the garlic butter, then press into the Panko mixture. Arrange the coated chicken breasts in a 9x13 inch baking dish. Drizzle with any remaining butter and top with any remaining bread crumb mixture.
- Bake 30 minutes or until the chicken reaches a temperature of 165 degrees.