I was sitting at a ball game chatting with a mom I didn’t know well. We got into what “we do” and I explained that I work at iMOM. She questioned me about the program and said, “Wow, you must be a really good mom!”
Ugh. Sigh. Piercing inadequacy. It made me kind of want to throw up.
I am not a really good mom; I am not even close. In fact, I will go to the grave wondering why I never overcame quite a few of my faults. So, because it actually causes me anxiety to think that someone might think I am perfect, I am going to lay it out. Here I confess my imperfections, or my top 10 (for today).
10 Confessions of an Imperfect Mom
- My form of organization is unorganized.
- My temper is rather even until I lose it.
- I never have the laundry done on time because somehow I lose it.
- I can’t even remember what my kids say; I’m always forgetting.
- Repeatedly, I get lost in my laptop.
- I have forgotten a child, more than once.
- I don’t do what I want (like be on time) and I do do what I don’t want (like scream).
- Too often I overcommit, overthink, and overspend.
- Regrettably, I care too much about grades (a.k.a. the grade nazi according to my kids).
- I am undisciplined about discipline.
Undoubtedly, I am sure I will have 10 more next week. Please tell me you have at least a few!