The 10-day Duck Dynasty 2013 countdown begins today! And the Merrill Men can’t wait.
What is it about this clan that made it A&E’s most-watched series? Why did 6.5 million viewers tune in on December 5th for the season 2 finale? What makes this somewhat kooky camo-clad clan so cute?
The Robertson clan is a family with traditions. And those traditions make them unique and give them a point of connection. And that connection keeps them together. Season 3 will be more of what we love. Apparently the Robertson men will be preparing for the beginning of duck season next week and the traditions abound. Phil has two rituals that don’t go over well; a date night with Ms. Kay and abstaining from baths. Meanwhile, the guys carry out their tradition of camping out on the land but the group is divided into those who’ll rough it and those who want comfort.
Is that not every families major camping dilemma–who will rough it and who won’t? Certainly is ours.
The point here is that in the daily life of the Robertsons there are traditions that must be kept. And those traditions are almost never carried out with naively optimistic family harmony. Nope, this is a real family with their own kooky ways to keep it together, make memories and be uniquely the Robertson Duck Dynasty.
So what does your clan rally around? What traditions make your dynasty? Hunting duck? Here are some of the Merrill Dynasty traditions, but I am open to adding if you have any good ones.
- Football Games – Go Gators!
- Red Velvet Cake for every birthday
- Camping in the rain, in the sun, on the beach–call us the Griswolds
- Skiing – on water and snow
- Walking the puppies – almost every night after dinner
- Church – every Sunday
- Group texts with funny pictures
- Holidays together – whatever it takes
- Hunting in the woods for the boys
- Shopping & shows in NY for the girls
- Disney World – it’s only an hour away
- Dad’s pancakes on Saturday
- Food – lots of it